Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Can't wait till Sunday

After holding down the 305 last weekend with some buddies, it was a blast watching the Canes yesterday beat Florida State 38-34.

Man, I had some good times on that team.

And now the speed is back. I'd love to watch the Canes crack the Top 10 again. I'd fly back to South Beach every f'ing chance I get.

By the way, you'll never see me wear Purple and Gold, but if Joe McKnight -- whom Pete Carroll stole from the Mad Hatter -- has a breakout year and is a main reason the Trojans land in a BCS bowl, I'll do what I can to get Regg in a LSU cap.

Speaking of the beach, anyone listen to Iggy Pop's latest album, the one he sings standards on? I know I've been a lifelong fan of Phish and Kid Rock, and although I've never paid much attention to old Iggy before, this latest from the seminal punk rocker got me through some rocky nights earlier this summer. In fact, this number, I Want to Go to the Beach, always gets me in the mood for South Beach and mojitos.


  Oh yeah, did I tell ya I finally got my '69 Dodge Challenger shipped down to me? Whhoooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Huh bruh? Who Dat! . . . Who wants to race now? Yeah you right!

Ya know, this car is like the Saints' revamped defense with an all-out blitz against Matt Stafford and the Hyundai Sonati-like Lions.

On a different note, is Michael Crabtree trippin'? Everyone in the league is sniffin' the season opener and the boy ain't even signed with the 49ers yet. Shit, he coulda got the rookie year outta the way and already have a few cool mill in the bank. But no, he thinks he's Rubio of Spain or some shit. Don't he know NFL careers are ephemeral, or is his agent so greedy it's become the signing percentage that matters? I bet it's the latter.

Five days ago LaGarette Blount, of Oregon, which was sniffing the Top Ten and is no longer even ranked, cold-cocked that Boise dude, knocked around fellow teammates, and went after Broncos fans. And I still can't stop watching IT.

I'm fired up about playing for real in about five days. But I feel bad for Billy Miller. Hell of a player. Dude picked up the slack last season when I was down coming off a broken leg and then suffering a sports hernia. But Billy instrumentally kept the chains moving with Brees and Co. You hate to see any player miss an entire season because of something like a ruptured Achilles tendon, but I know Billy will be back. So in the meantime it's up to me. REDUX!

One last note: I was cruising yesterday with Regg on I-10 when we saw this ghetto fabulous Altima, decked out with twenty-sixes and in powder blue. He implored me to to slow down so he could get a PHOTO.

No comments:

Post a Comment